Community Works is a unique workplace initiative which brings together Diversity, Civil Treatment, Corporate Ethics, Teamwork, and Leadership Development to form a single, cohesive, people friendly corporate community. The namesake of this initiative, Community Works, has a double emphasis. By “Community,” we mean a place where people gather and act in the best interest of the common good — and, as a result, all feel welcome and valued. By “Works,” we mean a community where people work together to achieve organizational goals — and, as a result, the synergy of the community works for everyone. Objectives
- Create greater synergy between diversity, civil treatment, corporate ethics, teamwork, and leadership.
- Broaden and deepen an appreciation of the value of diversity by tapping the experiences of the employee population.
- Enhance civility and tolerance in the workplace by drawing upon the strength of employee faith tradition.
- Tap the psychological dynamic of healthy self-esteem to strengthen commitment to the common good.
- Enhance understanding of how personal experience and diverse thinking styles impact our behavior toward others, as well as, our productivity and efficiency.
- Employees, customers and shareholders are valued and thrive.
- Courtesy and basic human dignity is preserved.
- Laws are obeyed. Compliance standards are met.
- A common ethic [business and behavioral] is observed.
- Self-leadership and accountability is the rule.
- The best spirit of human community is achieved.
- Stakeholder [shareholder] value is leveraged.